- Aaron Ansarov’s portraits of zooids, a colonial animal that can only survive when connected with other zooids of a different nature, more commonly known as the Portuguese Man o’ War.
Measured against profit and political security, dead children mean nothing. Common sense is easily dispatched. Truth itself is expendable in any circumstance. Only cash still has meaning to those who claim to represent us.
- Photos of the manhunt in Boston
- No, guys, I ordered it that way.
- Is this the world’s best jump roper? The smile on her face confirms it.
- I’m sure you’ve seen this already this week, but just in case you haven’t: ONE OF THOSE WEEKS.
- Don’t understand how to perform certain core-strengthening exercises? Need someone to show you how it’s done? You’re in luck today! Be sure to pay close attention to the “scissor kicks.”
The spectators — people who show up and cheer with noisemakers and high fives and encouraging cheers and magic-markered tagboard signs that read “YOU ALL ARE CRAZY! KEEP RUNNING!”— are the people who matter most to runners. Without those people, a marathon would just be an exercise in self-abuse from a large group of crazies. But there is meaning in marathoning: the people who watch.
- Infographic: what people do at libraries
- Seriously. Cats and boxes WTF?
- 83 years of book design: covers of The Great Gatsby
- Corners of the world where women have yet to tread. I am particularly enjoying this one.
“Cry. Better out than in. Sometimes it’s not convenient or career-enhancing to cry, so find a private place as best you can and let the tears go. Carry Kleenex and face wipes and extra concealer if you wear makeup. You can always claim allergies.”
- Reeeeallly NSFW but love it love it love it: Game of Thrones’ King of One-Liners, A Tribute to Tyrion
- Think of one person you would become a zombie for: fantastic video for “All We Have Is Now” by Modern Electric.
A few of my favorite recent tweets:
I haven’t tweeted in a week because I’ve been busy listening to one of my mom’s voicemails
— alyssa kramer (@kramediggles) April 16, 2013
If these cosmetics weren’t tested on animals then why do they all look so good on my dog.
— Nathan Buckley (@duplicitron) April 18, 2013
Gay test: say persimmon.
— Michael T Kennedy (@MichaelTKennedy) April 11, 2013
Someone once called me their “Friend from Florida”, so I stood my ground and shot him in self-defense.
— Wile E. Quixote (@ScottLinnen) April 17, 2013
One fun way to describe Facebook is “imagine you are a mind reader in Walmart.”
— sammy rhodes (@prodigalsam) April 13, 2013
The first rule of Mute Fight Club is always followed.
— Pauly Casillas (@PaulyPeligroso) April 13, 2013
Do you hate everyone? (7-11 interview question)
— Jeffrey Brian (@sweet_toof) April 13, 2013
Working on a version of “Where’s Waldo” for kids with ADD called “Here’s Waldo.”
— Chase Mitchell (@ChaseMit) April 12, 2013
Hey, we’re just 4 adults and a talking dog in a windowless van called the “Mystery Machine” but you should trust us.
— Zoë Klar (@madamezooble) April 12, 2013
Kool Aid Man’s kids probably never felt safe when they were masturbating.
— Dan Duvall (@lazerdoov) April 3, 2013