Call it the Rocky principle. A film in which the heavyweight champ easily bests the unknown contender due to a mix of his superior physical gifts and vastly superior training resources would have flopped. A much less realistic film in which sheer grit and determination are all it takes is a classic.
- I could not possibly love this more: voice impersonator Marc Martel performs a duet by Freddie Mercury and Luciano Pavarotti
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Guide to Star Trek Uniforms
- I am only posting this because it has a happy ending BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I HAVE STOPPED CRYING NOPE NOT AT ALL: the amazing rescue of a dog who had fallen into a pool of hot tar. Yep, still crying.
Her demands are rooted in fear. They are stuck in the muck and mire of racism and the purity of white lineage. They are ignorant and every bit as lazy as an old, dusty dog laying on a wraparound porch on a hot Southern afternoon. She’s a white woman who had a Black baby and she simply cannot fathom dealing with what it means to, in essence, be a Black mom, having to navigate and negotiate a racist world on behalf of a human she bore, in an environment of which she is a product.
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Publishing Works
- If these 35,000 walruses can’t convince you climate change is real, I don’t know what to tell you
- You know what a sucker I am for dancing: Top 10 Movie Dance Scenes Of All Time
- Rolling In The Deep (The Aretha Version)
- Baseball. Hot dogs. Apple pie. Facial hair: the average hairiness of every team in baseball
- A western cover of the theme song to “Game Of Thrones”
A few of my favorite recent tweets:
Someone in LA could email you a script, and it would still be shorter than an email describing where to park when you visit them.
— Aaron Fullerton (@AaronFullerton) October 1, 2014
Jesus looks like he could play the shit out of some bongos.
— Adie (@TheBlessMess) September 17, 2014
A banjo is just a guitar that wants to show you a dead body.
— Jason Miller (@longwall26) August 31, 2013
Florida is like a circus where the elephant tramples people every time.
— Mike Primavera (@primawesome) September 27, 2014
I like how the first instruction of "stop drop and roll" is "stop." Like you might have just kept doing what you were doing, but in flames
— Josh (@joshbupkes) September 25, 2014
For $5 I will go to the funeral of someone you hate and start a slow clap.
— Matt Monroe (@heymonroe) October 1, 2014
*my name gets called on Price is Right* I slowly and calmly stand up and stroll down the aisle with a lot of shoulder movement and pouting.
— Dan Polish Last Name (@danjan13) September 11, 2014
Work your shit out, scream sneezers
— Karen Kilgariff (@KarenKilgariff) July 13, 2014
put a filter on your baby's ultrasound picture before you post it for Christ's sake
— Denise! (@Stellacopter) September 25, 2014
"you know impersonating an officer of the law is an offence" *stupid high pitched idiot policeman voice* you know impersonating an off
— k e e t (@KeetPotato) May 12, 2014