I think I am subliminally and not so subliminally poking at everything that feels weird and creepy about the homogeneity of these Instagram accounts. It’s all the same, yes, but what makes it even more disturbing is it’s as if these people are not living an actual life. They are living in a room that is being professionally styled for a photograph that will be used to sell something to white people.
And so I absolutely could not resist the ukelele.
1. Floral Linen Necktie $62
2. Ray-Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses $145
3. Rib Knit Wool & Cashmere Beanie $26.46
4. Keel Boot $150
5. Woolrich Felt Mill Scuff Mule $35.45
6. Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele $53.99
7. BAGGU Duffel Bag $82
9. Orvis Tweed Baseball Cap $29
11. Chemex Coffee Maker $46.90
12. Survival Pocket Multi-Tool $7.50
13. Vktech Canvas Backpack $28.90
14. Cactus Garden Desktop Plant $49.99
15. Kamp-Rite Double Tent Cot $217.45
16. Vosges Mo’s Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar $7.49