the smell of my desperation has become a stench

• kp

2004/11/02 at 10:58 pm

i am in ohio. it’s 3 am almost and they are still fighting for us…man, i’d feel sooooo guilty if i hadn’t voted. i am getting really sick of all the republicans saying kerry is delusional for thinking he can still win. *sigh*

• kim

2004/11/02 at 11:31 pm

*absolutely*, amy! i’m still soooo nervous. i just got to work but i don’t think i can concentrate. i can’t believe there’s actually a chance kerry might not win..

• Lori

2004/11/02 at 11:42 pm

I voted this morning for Kerry, but I’m blue in a blue state… So fuck me. Feeling kind of blue about now, maybe. Also, I received no sticker.

• Pooze

2004/11/03 at 1:08 am

Kerry-ites… there’s still a chance. It’s so very close now 254 to 252! Bush shouldn’t get too full of himself just yet.

• Angie M

2004/11/03 at 1:47 am

The glimmer of hope is all but extinguished.

Ohio, Ohio, Ohio… Oh-why(oh)?

Looks like Leta’s going to get a lot more wear out of her “Mommy wants a new president” t-shirt.

God bless America!

• Kano

2004/11/03 at 2:25 am

Angie,

You said it…..God did bless America.

• Kano

2004/11/03 at 2:44 am

Here is the difference between most people and liberal fanatics. Had Kerry won I would have said I wish him luck and I hope that he does a good job for the country.
    You people on the other hand can’t even lose gracefully…..Instead it will be whining bitching and moaning from now on.

I am sure that you would have been lousy at winning too. I’d bet everything you would have taunted and rubbed anything you could have in the face of anyone that opposed your choice of whom you thought should be President.

So now the country will be filled with 48 percent of people bitching and moaning instead of pitching in and trying to make the country better.

I just hope that in the next 4 years things become better and better……no matter who is in the Whitehouse.

As for all the opinionated non USA President bashers……You do not have the right to vote here…..so close your cake holes!

• RosebudPeas

2004/11/03 at 3:01 am

Yeah, well, at least I know that White House is two words.

• Joan

2004/11/03 at 3:02 am

I voted. For Kerry. So did everybody I know. Then, how come it looks as if Bush won?

• Angie M

2004/11/03 at 4:00 am

Kano, speaking as a liberal fanatic myself, I feel humbled by your grace and good will. Thank you also for pointing out that free-speech does not apply to us non-americans, I didn’t realise.

By the way… I did actually mean that ‘God Bless America’ in my last comment, whoever is in charge!

• Pooze

2004/11/03 at 4:14 am

Excuse me a moment… I believe “Kano” sounds a bit bitter AND his party may win. What’s that about?

Look, when our gov’t goes around taking over other countries for no good reason, when we no longer seem to care about global cooperation and decide we can do what we want, WHEN we want, to whomEVER we want… then the rest of the world has a *perfect* right to care about who we elect. And in a way, I think dem’s will be perfectly gracious loosers. But even if we wern’t, we have between 77-90% of the world who understands our pain. (I’m an independant, I voted for the guy I felt overall would do the best job. I don’t vote JUST for one party or the other.)

I only know one person who voted for Bush.. my EX in Los Angeles who’s 100% ignorant of politiccs & watches Fox News… but CA went to Kerry so that’s not so bad. Otherwise… all of us here in Paris (that I know of) will probably be wearing “I voted for Kerry” shirts for the next two weeks!

• Brooke

2004/11/03 at 4:21 am

Voted for Kerry. He cares about my rights as a woman.

• Mark Z.

2004/11/03 at 4:44 am

I voted for Kerry. At the last look, it seems that Bush won another 4 years. Let’s all hope it is better then the last 4 years, but I have my doubts.

I believe a major change is needed in the whole voting for any elected office process in this country. There are too many voter scams going on, too much controversy on something that should be pretty straight forward.

Not very happy at all at what has transpired in the last 24 hours. At least this time (as NOT in 2000) – Bush does have the majority of the popular vote, by at least 4 million – so this time, you can’t really say it is the electoral college screwing things up (Thank God for that!).

Wish ’em luck I guess, Bush will need it.

• Sarah

2004/11/03 at 4:46 am

I am crying this morning and trying really hard not to throw up. I am so fucking disgusted and upset at this, that the election is going to Bush, that it was even CLOSE made me ill!! I just don’t understand how people could be so ignorant about what his agenda is and how fucking SCARY it is. Say goodbye to your rights. Say goodbye to the Constitution as you know it. Say goodbye to the environment. Say goodbye to your JOB, probably. Say goodbye to separation of Church and State. And say goodbye to your friends and family in the military.
    My country voted out of FEAR not BRAINS. I am sick. Truly sick. In my opinion, the terrorists won this election. The terrorists.

God help us all, and I mean the whole world not just America, because this will affect everyone.

Sarah

• kim

2004/11/03 at 4:54 am

kano, i fell sorry for ya. you probably don’t care about anything but yourself — well, i do. so i am not gonna shut anything just because an ignorant depp like you tells me to. and i’m still hoping!!

• jodi-no-blog

2004/11/03 at 5:14 am

Am I dreaming, or did this country really re-elect that complete idiot?

What are you THINKING, people!

I am truly feeling sick over this.

• wow

2004/11/03 at 5:16 am

I’m glad Kerry cares about your rights as a woman, Brooke. Good thing you’re ab* or he wouldn’t.

*already born