Scrumptious Bearded Armstrong

• Anne

2004/12/09 at 6:18 am

Five bucks says that by the end of the day these four comments will be made about this picture (or variations thereof):

1. JON IS SOOOOOO HOT!
    2. Leta sooooo looks just like Jon.
    3. Jon soooo looks just like Leta.
    4. OH MY GOD! I’M COMING!!!!!!!

• Dale Cruse

2004/12/09 at 6:18 am

I’m still not first! YAY!

• tangoali

2004/12/09 at 6:18 am

I want to hump his leg.

• Lindsey

2004/12/09 at 6:22 am

Yummers 🙂

• Liz M

2004/12/09 at 6:26 am

Anne wins the funniest comment thus far award…

• `jen

2004/12/09 at 6:28 am

i SO need someone like that to “help” around the house. 😉

• Em

2004/12/09 at 6:28 am

Damn your man is hot! Don’t you love the feel of his beard on your skin? mmmmmm…….

• becky

2004/12/09 at 6:29 am

Scruffy!

• LadyBug

2004/12/09 at 6:34 am

Yes, ’tis a nice beard.
    And I like the weird angle of the picture, the “up the nose” shot. Of course, we’re lucky there were no little, um, _Chrismas elves_ playing peek-a-boo out Jon’s nose.

• LadyBug

2004/12/09 at 6:34 am

Shit. _ChrisTmas elves_

• Fish

2004/12/09 at 6:35 am

Anne: ten bucks says someone comments on how cool Dooce’s blinds are.

Hey, wait. They are cool blinds.

*Fish winks*

• Laura

2004/12/09 at 6:38 am

LL Cool J

Ladies Love Cool Jon

• atomic

2004/12/09 at 6:38 am

I want to see more tree! Tree close-ups! (Does Chuck ever make to piss on the tree?)

• Fish

2004/12/09 at 6:38 am

Ladybug: re: “Christmas elves.”

1. Chrismas is celebrated by one of my old neighbors in college, whose name, predictably, is Chris. He was kind of a dork.

2. When my son “fills his pants,” I used to say to DL that he “took a shit.” DL didn’t like that, so now we say that he let some genies out of the lamp.

bad, bad genies.

• Robin

2004/12/09 at 6:40 am

Dude. Short-time reader and first-time writer. I’m so in love with the love you have for your husband. I hope I can find that.

• Girl.A

2004/12/09 at 6:40 am

“She was a cross-eyed, horny-horned, Scrumptious Bearded Armstrong Eater.”

I think there’s more than one of those in the room. Run, Jon, Run!

• Girl.A

2004/12/09 at 6:49 am

The freakin ANTHROPOPHAGISTS are comin!

• LadyBug

2004/12/09 at 6:51 am

Fish: re: genies. Hilarious. When my son was brand new (now almost 6 months), he pooped A. LOT. Like, five or six times a day. We would say “Fire in the hole!” or I would simply hand him to hubby and say, “Your son has a present for you.”
    He’s down to once every four or five days now, btw. (Yay breastmilk!) But I’m sure all things poop-related will change dramatically now that he’s starting solids…had his first cereal last night.

_And, yes, this comment was totally unrelated to the picture, so sue me. But it DID include the word POOP. More than once. So there._

• Kelly

2004/12/09 at 6:52 am

I also love how you love your husband. Those are my favorite posts to read…just makes me smile. 🙂

• Sheryl

2004/12/09 at 7:05 am

It’s in the works. Look what I found:

UNITED STATES SUMPREME COURT
    DISTRICT OF UTAH

Civil Action No. 69-BJ-666-UTI

ANAL RETENTIVE READERS OF DOOCE.COM,
    Plaintiffs,
    v.

LadyBug
    Defendant.

• Katy

2004/12/09 at 7:09 am

“Opening a bag of Ruffles” is a nice family-friendly way to say your child just shat him/herself.

• Anne

2004/12/09 at 7:10 am

Fish – and those blinds are INSIDE MOUNT. That’s so fucking hot! Just like Jon. And the Christmas tree. And that upper corner where the molding intersects at a 45 degree angle so professionally.

Wait a second, it just occurred to me that Paris Hilton could be single-handedly monopolizing this comment board by posing as numerous personalities, all of them sycophants. Hmmm.

• kristine

2004/12/09 at 7:13 am

I think they are all the same person.
    Jon, Leta, Heather….even Chuck.
    They all look alike.

Well, when Chuck has his hair all gussied up he looks like Leta.

• Mari

2004/12/09 at 7:13 am

Jon’s got a serious case of bed head going on. I like it!

• honestyrain

2004/12/09 at 7:16 am

i never liked beards. and not to be all I WORSHIP YOU PEOPLE but he looks good with a beard.

this is so off topic but i just ate a piece of feta cheese and oh my gawd i love feta cheese. seriously.

• Amanda B.

2004/12/09 at 7:18 am

Sheryl- Civil Action No. 69-BJ-666-UTI

Oh, how I heart you.

• The Mighty Jimbo

2004/12/09 at 7:20 am

now without juicy bits of vomit!

• christy

2004/12/09 at 7:21 am

Fish – my husband still says “he shit his pants” when referring to our son needing a diaper change. To me it implies a sort of adult-level of control like he could have gone elsewhere, but chose not to. So I can see where your DL is coming from on this one.

Then again, I called my own 2-yead-old “tard” the other day, so who am I to talk?

• Caroline

2004/12/09 at 7:26 am

Ladybug, how did you make your font in italics? I’ve been trying to figure it out.

• moose

2004/12/09 at 7:31 am

re: Anne’s 1-2-3-4

GUFFAW!

Hands down winner for today’s best comment.

• chickenHead

2004/12/09 at 7:33 am

Do you like your tree topper? We’ve been hunting for years a tree topper that does not suck. We’ve been using a red bow until we find one.

• chickenHead

2004/12/09 at 7:36 am

I rwalized my last post, #81, might read as though I don’t like your tree topper. I can’t reaaly make it out so my post was really more about: there’s a tree topper; I wonder if it has a story.

• Sarcastic Journalist

2004/12/09 at 7:38 am

what leta would look like with facial hair.

• ranae

2004/12/09 at 7:42 am

after picking hundreds of shreds of broken christmas tree bulb (courtesy of a *very mobile* babysitting charge) perhaps you are lucky that this christmas little leta will just be sitting stationary on her adorable little hams, grunting and just wishing she could grab all the shiny.fragile.glass.bulbs tempting her on the christmas tree 😉

• Marti

2004/12/09 at 7:43 am

I, too, love feta.

• Russ

2004/12/09 at 7:43 am

Did you take this picture right after you gave your frightening retort describing the pains of womanhood and childbirth in response to his argument that being punched in the nads is the most painful thing ever?

• Fish

2004/12/09 at 7:50 am

Sheryl, Amanda B., and other plaintiffs in the putative class action styled Civil Action No. 69-BJ-666-UTI. I am writing to inform you that I have been retained by Ms. Ladybug in this matter, and all further correspondence is to be directed to me and our legal team here at the offices of Fish Fish, & Morfish, LLP.

Counsel for Ladybug intend to raise the voluntary pooping doctrine as their primary defense, which states that, “whereupon any website is largely dedicated to the functioning of the bottom systems of the subjects and host/hostess of said website, comments regarding or pertaining to poop may be made despite the non-existence of any direct relationship to the purported subject matter of the comment.” See Crapper v. John, 1000 U.S. 2000 (1898).

• Fish

2004/12/09 at 7:51 am

That’ll be $400, please.

• shy

2004/12/09 at 7:52 am

HOT!

beautiful christmas tree up. we still have yet to put ours up but i’m not exactly sure what to do with chaeli. as soon as she sees the tree, her everyday goal will be to crawl over and take off all the ornments w/in her reach.

worse… she’ll also try to eat the pine needles.

• JulieT

2004/12/09 at 7:53 am

You’re a lucky, lucky woman.

• LadyBug

2004/12/09 at 7:57 am

*Carol:* The underscore makes lovely _italics._

*Fish:* Thank you for volunteering as my counsel. I’ve needed counseling for quite some time. You see, it all started when I was a child, and my mother….oh, my MOTHER…. *Sobbing*

• LadyBug

2004/12/09 at 7:57 am

Oh, geez. Seems that, while I may have the _italics_ thing figured out, I’m a total retard when it comes to *bold.*

• LeChico

2004/12/09 at 7:59 am

have all u “me first” commentors done ur daily duty of voting for that woman whose huband u lust after, daughter u’re obsessed with and dog u adore??

• Sheryl

2004/12/09 at 8:01 am

Fish,
    I am not a plaintiff in this case!
    (Neither is Amanda B, I’m sure) Just a court reporter. lol

I’ll interview LadyBug as she steps out into the hall after the battle. And do the voice-overs.

“The litigants in this case are NOT actors…”

• Marie

2004/12/09 at 8:02 am

Dooce,
    I spend all day with The Kids (I teach high school), and I still don’t have a “sense of what they’re up to these days” apparently. The other day, some kid said something like “Oh yeah, he totally called her out.” I had to ask them what that meant. Then they told me that I am “SO white” and that I need ebonics lessons from them.

BTW, nice picture. From the angle, it looks like Leta could’ve taken the shot!

• Amanda B.

2004/12/09 at 8:05 am

Fish- I would like to retain said services, after making the following “has little to do with anything” comment:

Jermaine Jackson named his children, Jaafar and…

wait for it…

wait for it…

Jermajesty.

• Kieran

2004/12/09 at 8:05 am

He is like a big old sexy woodsman! ARRRRR

• Carol

2004/12/09 at 8:05 am

Who knew there was internet access at “Jumpin’ Joes”??? I’m in heaven!

Speaking of HOT, my hubby saw Paris HIlton last night in Vegas. I think he had a big boner under the table.

• lulu cornichon