This here bringer of the pooper to the fun party

Chuckacabra

• Pointy Charlotte

Must get more coffee (waves bye bye)

• ….and I looked into the hairy beasts evil eyes and saw…..
    myself, really tiny, on his eyeballs.
    The first time my daughter Ella waved, I almost soiled myself.

• Anamarija

Oh man… And the eyes! Spooky!

• oops

That was supposed to say

(waves)

• TypoQueen

Charlotte, thats a rather pointed comment dear..who exactly are you aiming such angst towards?

teehee

• Andrea in Canada

Haha Becky! I bet though if Leta saw Chuck do that she’d giggle!

Chuck, you get poptarts when you ask “with your words”!

• Ok. Chuck you are usually so cute. But that scares me! Bad Dog!

• Charlotte

< >

• Fish said at 09:20AM, 01.28.2005:
    Or, you could go the simple route: sweeeeeeet.

You can even combine the: Dudical, that bitchin Camaro is sweeeeeeet.

Fish: Duuuuuddde! Awesome!

Heh, I heard Punkin (our 7 year old) say “Sweeeeet” the other day. Just that one word, like, totally blew me away, man.

Mrs.Strizzay said at 09:22AM, 01.28.2005:
    That shit is mad hot no doubt.”
    ——-
    Mrs.Strizz — You’re mad hot, no boubt adoubt it.

• LOL! Awesome photo! Thanks for a great laugh to start my day with.

• Well poeple if you stop taunting him with whatever food you are dnagling above the camera. *wink*

Have a nice weekend Chuck!

• Since it is impossible for me to sit and read all of these comments I am going to post this assuming no one else has already.

DOOCE has been nominated for the bloggies. If you haven’t already go vote! http://2005.bloggies.com/

• Melissa

It was one of those moments that sort of freezes in time and you can barely breathe because LIFE is just erupting right there in front of your eyes and you can’t believe it.
    _________
    Delurking to say that this may be my favorite Dooce sentence yet.

• I’m surprised no one’s made any mean comments about how Heather was going to dress Leta in a plastic bag. Maybe all the hate-mongers have finally learned that SHE DOESN’T REALLY DO THAT STUFF.

Laura

• I prefer “Yo dawg dem rimz is sittin on 20z. That shit is mad hot no doubt.”

• I think my little sister and the kid across the street and I invented dudical circa 1994…

• Or, you could go the simple route: sweeeeeeet.

You can even combine the: Dudical, that bitchin Camaro is sweeeeeeet.

• Susie

For the second time in one week, a big ol’ Southern YEEEE-HAAAA to Leta! Here’s wavin’ at YOU, kid!

I’m not a big fan of AWESOME either, Harv, but let’s not be adjective censors. Anyhow, what you don’t want us doing is succumbing, not succombing. You want us to not suc CUMB; I would think it really wouldn’t matter to you if we’d suc COMB.

As an older mom, somewhere between the ages of Dooce and the AWSL, I really can’t endorse telling mom to SUCK IT; but I strongly suspect that the “she could barely hear me” part is a significant detail in that story . . .

• jennay said at 09:11AM, 01.28.2005:
    Circus Kelli said at 09:05AM, 01.28.2005:
    Fish said at 09:02AM, 01.28.2005:
    Harv D.: what about “Bitchin?”
    As in “Bitchin Camaro?”

What about “slammin”?

But what about “radical”, or “tubular”?

Dudical was definitely “after my time”. As for radical and tubular, though, please… gag me with a spoon.

(kidding jennay!)

• Shazza

what a real little woman she’s turning into…not only does she now wave, but we havnt heard one ‘missing sock’ story for months!! GO LETA, YOU WAVING, FULLY SOCKED GO-GETTER!

we love you

• Kate

So, am I the only one who keeps reading the titles of the posts and automatically jumps to the conclusion that dooce is giving up blogging? Especially today…I’m so glad it was a post about Leta’s terrific milestone and not how Heather is giving up the ghost and hates all of us.

• barbie

you think waving is fun, wait until they *crawl*…you will totally freak out bc it’s both exciting and full of dread, bc life as you know it is OVER

• oooh! Or another favorite: “dudical”

• Circus Kelli said at 09:05AM, 01.28.2005:
    Fish said at 09:02AM, 01.28.2005:
    Harv D.: what about “Bitchin?”

As in “Bitchin Camaro?”

What about “slammin”?

But what about “radical”, or “tubular”?

• My, how chucks teeth have grown since Jons First Chuckacabra

Oh and I got all goosebumpy and chills came across me when you announced Let had waved! Oh that is so spectacular, I am so proud of her!

DO YOU HEAR THAT LETA? THE INTERNET IS PROUD OF YOU!

My daughter is now 5 and half months old and growing her first two teeth and I feel like the best mother on earth because MY BABY IS GETTING TEETH! I cannot wait to feel what you are feeling now when my own baby girl does her first wave. Now, just wait till they get their first period… GAH!! I shutter to think.

• z

Your dog is so hot!

• awwww way to go Leta!

• That is totally awesome that Leta waved. I mean, totally.

And telling your mom to suck it? AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

I think AWESOME is totally underused.

• Dee

You guys have to see this site:

Love Chuck Dooce!

• Winc.Inc

That is AWSOME!! Leta is living her life with the element of surprise.
    “you never know what I’ll do next”
    Maybe she works for the FBI

• Here he comes to save the day!!

• Fish said at 09:02AM, 01.28.2005:
    Harv D.: what about “Bitchin?”

As in “Bitchin Camaro?”

What about “slammin”?

• Yeah Leta!! I bet it was the cutest thing ever!!

My daughter saw that pic of Chucks and was scared. She said EEW I am trying to eat, why are his eyes green? Just eew!

LMAO

• Stacy

Oh! Congratulations Dooce and Leta!

• Harv D.: what about “Bitchin?”

As in “Bitchin Camaro?”

• Suki

Pic of Chuck on a Friday, great combo. And props to Leta!

• Harv D.

Great wit and humor. Very courageous site. Please do me a favor. Do no succomb to the abuse of the word awesome. You seem to be beyond that.

• Leta waved! That’s fantastic! Sometimes those little mini humans are the coolest things on the planet, no?

Buddy started blinking at us in response to us blinking at him. To other people, it’s no big deal “So what? The kid blinks…?” To the parents it’s “THE KID BLINKS AT US ON PURPOSE!”

• There you go Dooce, the waving milestone you and Jon got to experience together.

Woo hoo!! Go Leta.

• GOD

GO GET UM BOY!

• I can’t believe you told the Avon World Sales Leader to suck it! That is insane. I told all my coworkers to suck it when I won a Barnes and Noble gift certificate at the company party. This was of course after several FREE glasses of vino and 2 hours of poker. I realized my mistake seconds after “k itttttttt”, it was one of those slow-mo moments.

• Em

DEVIL DOG!

• koof

she waved!!!!

that’s all i have to say. GO LETA!!!

• rockandrollchick

Hi Leta! I’m waving at you!!!!
    You rock little one.

• Dang cold in Toronto

I don’t want to be buried in a Pet Cemetery,
    I don’t want to live my life again.
    I don’t want to be buried in a Pet Cemetery,
    I don’t want to live my life again.

Dee Dee Ramone…

• Hungry like the wolf …

• Cristin

YAY LETA!

Heather, you’ve just GOT to get pics of that for us pathetic voyeurs. I can just picture her looking from jon, to you, and thinking, “what the heck? Let’s let them see my brilliance!”

heh heh

• trucmuche

Cujo Jr.!!

• Hahahaha, what a perfect picture. I love it.

• i love the little baby doggie teeth in the desktop that jon made. now that he’s got grown up dog teeth, he’s a little skeery!

heh. just kiddin’. i love chuck.