Stuff I found while looking around
– Fabian Oefner Photography: “Black Hole is a series of images, which shows paint modeled by centripetal force. The setup is very simple: Various shades of acrylic paint are dripped onto a metallic rod, which is connected to a drill. When switched on, the paint starts to move away from the rod, creating these amazing looking structures.”
– A gallery of death by snack overindulgence
– How Ellen DeGeneres Helped Change The Conversation About Gays:
“That scene is just so beautiful, because there’s nothing like telling someone you’re gay and then it goes silent,” Halem says. “But for her to say, ‘I’m gay’ and it’s a laugh line, and you know it lets us laugh, it lets us release some of the anxiety.”
– “My goal is to make people feel as uncomfortable as possible as they listen to me describe to someone on the phone exactly what they are doing and what they look like.”
– Hey kids. Remember to brush your teeth.
– Infographic: The World as 100 People
– Ayn Rand Really, Really Hated C.S. Lewis
– The First Honest Cable Company
Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
A: No, 35 children is enough
– If you can’t get in touch with me it’s because I’m sitting here scrolling through this again and again and again: Des Hommes et des Chatons
– “Watch the slow creep of spring as it pushes the cold hand of winter back to the frigid north … only to succumb again next year, of course.”
– What your daily calorie allowance looks like
– UK-based scientists have designed an ‘intelligent’ microchip which they claim can suppress appetite:
The chip and cuffs are designed to read and process electrical and chemical signatures of appetite within the nerve. The chip can then act upon these readings and send electrical signals to the brain reducing or stopping the urge to eat.
– And I will hug him and love him and squeeze him and call him George
– 21 Vintage Easter Cards That Will Totally Creep You Out
– Robbie Rogers: why coming out as gay meant I had to leave football:
“Life is simple when your secret is gone. Gone is the pain that lurks in the stomach at work, the pain from avoiding questions, and at last the pain from hiding such a deep secret.”
– Fascinating Photos of Famous Authors as Teenagers
A few of my favorite recent tweets:
Come on you dumb nerd help me think of ways to end bullying
— sweaty five dollars (@iscoff) March 26, 2013
If you think kids aren’t racist, ask one to quote the donkey from Shrek sometime.
— Ken Jennings (@KenJennings) March 24, 2013
If it please the court… *rolls baby hedgehog across courtroom on skateboard, jury erupts with applause, opposing counsel breaks pencil*
— Jason Miller (@longwall26) February 26, 2013
I buried a time capsule when I was 9. This is the year we are going to dig it up.I can’t wait to see how big my puppy got.
— Buddha Cat (@Billhenry16) February 16, 2013
If I could be an animal I’d want to be a spider because I’ve always wanted to know what it’s like to build a place to live with my butt.
— Jerm Himselfish (@JermHimselfish) March 27, 2013
“Oh, this old thing?” -Someone who can’t take a compliment on their grandma
— Bridger Winegar (@bridger_w) March 13, 2013
“Want to eat some quinoa?” Nah, I’ll just eat what’s inside this bean bag.
— Clarke Kant (@clarkekant) January 17, 2013
Son your teacher called, she said you wrote “AQUAMAN RULZ” all over your math test. [sigh] First of all, Aquaman doesnt have any good powers
— Brian Gaar (@briangaar) March 21, 2013
Can we talk about the word “queue”…How many of those letters are really necessary? I count one.
— Jiminy Kicks It (@JiminyKicksIt) March 15, 2013
A 3 minute fart would actually make it on my resumé.
— Snorklhuahua (@weinerdog4life) March 9, 2013