Stuff I found while looking around
– The paintings of Michael Carson
– A photographic gallery of fractals patterns found while exploring the planet with Google Earth.
– This missed connection wins Craigslist.
– Johnny Cash’s Short and Personal To-Do List
– This deserves a standing ovation… Bugged:
When a bug can bring down your family, when there are people who are willing to take away the shield that could prevent that, when we as a country have become so small and stingy and mean that we cheer the idea of ripping medical care away from fellow citizens, offering nothing in its place but sanctimony and self-righteousness… What are we? We’re not a country. We’re not a community. Oh, no.
We’re a zero-sum game. We’re the state of nature. We’re animals, gobbling down as much as we can, as fast as we can, swatting away the weak.
– Gay Veteran questions Mitt Romney’s stance on Marriage Equality, both awkward and totally kick ass.
– Fascinating… Why We Cry: The Science of Sobbing and Emotional Tearing:
The developmental shift from vocal crying to visual tearing favors the face-to-face encounters of an intimate setting. The maturation of inhibitory control gives adults the ability to select where and when crying occurs, or to inhibit it altogether, options less available to children.
– Cast of Mad Men Perform Rick Astley’s Never Gonna Give You Up
– 17 Euphemisms for Sex From the 1800s. I’m loving “Blanket hornpipe.”
– “HELLO STRANGER ON THE STREET, COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY BABY?”
– Cinematic Visions of the Apocalypse: A Supercut
– A few of my favorite recent tweets: