Stuff I found while looking around
– The portfolio of graphic designer Antonio Rodrigues, Jr.
– Animals riding other animals
– How to Write for Money Without Selling Out Too Much:
And that’s what it comes down to, really — this stuff is hard to talk about, in large part because artistic choices are often indistinguishable from commercial ones. As various people pointed out in the above Twitter threads, the best work is often created in conversation with audiences, not by an artist talking to himself or herself in a windowless room.
– God, he was good: Revisiting Phil Hartman, 15 Years After His Death
– 23 Ways Your Day Could Be Way, Way Worse
– “Go home and sleep, bro!” : The World’s Most Contagious Prank
– I was a liberal mole at Fox News: From Bill O’Reilly to Roger Ailes, here’s all the inside dope
O’Reilly and Hannity, the two biggest stars at Fox News Channel, have basically no working relationship. Their shows are back-to-back, yet they’re barely on speaking terms. O’Reilly is convinced that Hannity is trying to sabatoge his show, and vice versa. The two of them fight constantly.
– Cheerios Ad Starring Interracial Family Ignites Racist Hate Storm
– “In the movies, the only person safe in a phone booth is Superman.”
– A Rare Behind-The-Scenes Look At Some Of Bowie’s Most Iconic Photographs
– NSFW: When you get to 1:04 you will know why I’ve watched this video a hundred times in a row.
– What BEHIND THE CANDELABRA Says About Our Entitlement To The Private Lives Of Celebrities
We all have different shades of our true selves — there’s the people we are with our friends, the people we are with our families, and the people we are with our loved ones. There’s also the people we are in private, totally open and naked with nothing to hide. When we choose someone to share that side of ourselves with, they should feel honored. What separates us from celebrities is that we don’t have the entire world watching, waiting for us to make a mistake or to look bad in public.
– How to Fight Off a Mountain Lion. I could have used this with the mythical bobcat.
– Phones replaced with sandwiches
– Anatomy of a Logo: Star Wars
– Related: this would never have happened if Harrison Ford were still alive.
– Middle-Eastern cover of Radiohead’s Karma Police
Some of my favorite recent tweets:
Top 5 Reasons To Live:1) puppies2) baby dogs3) 1 & 24) did you read 3?5) you should’ve stopped at 16) other things7) it’s a top 7 now
— Nick Creelman (@nickcreelman) April 29, 2013
You know what else is gluten-free at this party Kayla? The door.
— Lisa Bizzle (@Lisa_Bizzle) May 25, 2013
My ex-girlfriend called me immature so now the rest of my day is about tagging myself as her boobs in all 1,900 of her Facebook pictures.
— Greg Dorris (@GregDorris) February 8, 2013
Next time you get in a fight with your girl.. Go tighten all the lids on the jars.
— Taylor (@gingerfaced) February 5, 2013
Helen Hunt but only when Helen hungry.
— Michael (@Home_Halfway) May 20, 2013
They call it “extreme” couponing because if I’m behind you in that line I will stab you and your whole crew.
— Jocelyn Plums (@FilthyRichmond) April 26, 2013
Either I’m bad at completing my thoughts
— Justin Shanes (@justinshanes) May 22, 2013
If my wife had a mixed-race baby, I would be like “You whore!” but I would also be like “Oh my God, sooooooo cute!”
— Guy Endore-Kaiser (@GuyEndoreKaiser) April 26, 2013
I have my hesitations about Paradise City if the first thing you brag about is the color of the grass.
— Rob Fee (@robfee) May 17, 2013
Thought this job interview was going pretty well until I looked down and saw my penis was hanging out of my pants and birds were eating it
— Jacy Catlin (@ieatanddrink) May 21, 2013