Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/dooce/public_html/wp-content/plugins/hybrid-hook/hybrid-hook.php on line 121
Community | dooce® | Page 2 dooce® » I'm Heather B. Armstrong. This is my website. » Community

Featured community question that will have everyone sniffing their armpits

Today’s featured question comes from user musickatt: Last week Leta spent a weekend night with my mom, and when we picked her up my mother just snickered like a witch. I’m used to this, and it’s always followed by something like, “I fed her ice cream for breakfast,” or, “I let her stay up until [...]

Featured community question that my father should just go ahead and skip

Today’s featured question comes yet again from user Brookelyn Bridge, mainly because it is so timely for me: I’ve mentioned my friend Kate before (and no, this is not going to be a post about my lesbian fantasies, I gave those up when I realized that I really, really like penises), and she has this [...]

Featured community question with accompanying forty-five pounds

Today’s featured question comes from user Brookelyn Bridge: I don’t know if every pregnant woman feels this way, but during the last month of my pregnancy with Marlo I was always thinking, what if I never lose these extra forty-five pounds? What if this pregnancy has changed my body forever? And then I’d follow up [...]

Featured community question with accompanying regional differences

Today’s featured question comes from user wishfullthinking: Since I grew up in the South and was raised by two very proper, Southern parents, I wasn’t ever to refer to a woman as anything else. It was YES, MA’AM. NO MA’AM. WHATEVER YOU WANT, MA’AM. Same thing with Sir. It was a way of showing respect [...]

Featured community question with accompanying fear of Gorbachev

Today’s featured question comes from user tam4797: Well, definitely this one. I can’t sit with my legs dangling over the side of the bed because surely there is a demon underneath who is going to grab me and drag me to some horrible dark place. Like Chuckarama. Or Reno. Oh no. I’ve upset Reno. Listen, [...]

Featured community question with accompanying sappy ending

Today’s featured question comes from user kebhome: If ever there was a question with so many possible answers from one person depending on what stage of life she’s in. As a kid: “How many days until Christmas?” As a teenager: “Please let today be a good hair day, please let today be a good hair [...]

Featured community question with accompanying warning:

DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGES OF SCARS. PLEASE. I URGE YOU TO REMAIN INNOCENT. Today’s featured question comes from user maylu: Anyone ever heard of a keloid? Basically, I scar outward. Meaning, there are several places on my body where it looks like I have grown an extra limb, one in particular on my right shin [...]

Featured community question with yet another reason for couple’s therapy

Today’s featured question comes from user KA (yes, I know one of this member’s questions has been featured before, but I happened to read this one right after a certain encounter, and hell, this member asks great questions): We’ll get to that certain encounter, but first, no matter what my mood, no matter if the [...]

Featured community question with accompanying First World nonsense

Today’s featured question comes from user KA: Now, I realize that this is a bit awkward and tacky, writing about my hair just days after a tragedy that has crippled so many lives and puts such trivial nonsense into glaring perspective. It is just my hair. I have my hair. I have my life. The [...]

Featured community question with accompanying oopsie

Today’s featured community question comes from user mommasj: And the reason I chose this one was because it perfectly coincides with the most recent Momversation I participated in where we talk about our worst parenting moments: I got a little talky in the video I submitted (MUST BE ALL THIS TIME I SPEND WITH JON, [...]