View of L.A. from Runyon Canyon circa October 2002

• Honey Bunny

2005/01/15 at 3:58 pm

wow. i’ve never been to LA. it’s not as pretty as where you live now…

• DeAnn

2005/01/15 at 4:35 pm

Do you really miss that smog when you have that beautiful BLUE sky/mountains/streets?

Seriously, is everything in SLC BLUE?

• sab

2005/01/15 at 4:49 pm

do you think you and the family would ever move back?

• Shelli

2005/01/15 at 5:03 pm

oh my gosh! I TOTALLY Discovered what CHUCKLES IS! I was watching the dog show and he’s a Rhodesian Ridgeback hound! do a google search on um, and you can see pictures. COOL! He’s famous!

• GSV Micturition to Windward

2005/01/15 at 5:50 pm

I’ve seen “SLC” twice now on this site. Once in a comment in this thread and once one of Ms. Armstrong’s articles where she referred to the “SLC Police”.

What the bleep is”SLC” ?

• Veronica

2005/01/15 at 6:03 pm

Um, Salt Lake City? I’m just guessing.

• MY FRIENDS ARE ALL IDIOTS

2005/01/15 at 6:09 pm

“slc”–sALT lAKE cITY, WHERE DOOCE RESIDES

dOOCE, YOU HAVE SUCH INTELLIGENT AND WITTY ACQUAINTANCES. i THINK I SHOULD MOVE TO UTAH.

• GSV Micturition to Windward

2005/01/15 at 6:34 pm

Insert sound of palm slapping forehead here. Had a blonde moment obviously.

I just discovered her site yesterday and I am reading from oldest to newest – with a few exceptions – so it “feels” to me like she is still in L.A. and hence I missed the obvious meaning of SLC.

• Not a ridgeback

2005/01/15 at 7:10 pm

Though he has some similar features, Chuckles is not likely part Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Not that Chuck isn’t awesome and buff, but Rhodies are more red (less blonde) than Chuck is as well as being significantly larger and more muscular than Chuck. Also they all have a “ridge” of fur that grows in reverse along the spine.

• juli

2005/01/15 at 7:22 pm

Great picture. Brings up memories, but I haven’t really looked back since I escaped three years ago.

• jules

2005/01/15 at 7:23 pm

It’s barking cold outside! 🙂 happy weekend! (:3

• LIZA

2005/01/15 at 7:58 pm

FIRST1?!1!!??

You’re stories make me want to live in LA muchly.

• GSV Micturition to Windward

2005/01/15 at 8:12 pm

If you want to try to figure out what breed Chuck is, take a look at all the pretty pictures at the American Kennel Club association.

Seems like that site would be to you guys what Playboy.com is to me 😉

Personally, I could care less what breed Chuckie is. Every dog my family has ever had has been a mutt from the animal shelter and they have all been attractive, loveable, well natured dogs and it seems that is also true of Chuck. What breed label can or cannot be applied to him is the least important thing about him. Why look a gift horse – dog in this case – in the mouth ?

• Cassie

2005/01/16 at 12:35 am

Absolutely gorgeous, Heather. LA rocks. (Smog and all!)

• Harry

2005/01/16 at 2:17 am

Ahhhhhhhh….smog! Never trust any air that you cannot see! You never know what you are breathing!

• Lisa J.

2005/01/16 at 5:22 am

Are residents of Utah really referred to as “Utahns”?

And I thought “Michiganders” was bad…