I’m a writer and it’s my job to come up with words to express things, but I feel like breaking out a thesaurus to come up with something to say about the passing of September other than “relief.” Work and life and fourth grade homework are as hectic as ever but the gloom that had been clouding my every thought has lifted. So much, in fact, that I’ve enjoyed autumn more this year than I can ever remember. I am usually a cranky and bitter old woman who routinely shakes her cane at the oncoming winter, but here I am sitting in a pile of yellow leaves taking long, deep breaths. Can you tell I’ve been back to therapy?
I’m loving the colors this year, their warmth and intensity. They’ve drawn me outside so many afternoons in the last few weeks. If a piece of clothing could represent a word, that sweater would be the one I’d choose out of the thesaurus to embody how I feel. I hope you’re feeling it, too.
1. Vince Camuto Women’s Military Double Breasted Wool Coat $180
2. Windward Honey Tortoise Sunglasses $119
3. Scrunch Wrinkled Infinity Scarf (Mustard) $6.99
4. Two Triangles High/Low Necklace $20
5. Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Plum/Gold Shimmer $24
6. Yellow Long Sleeve Cable Knit Pullover Sweater$32.95
7. Melissa Joy Manning Chandelier $449
8. Juno Bamboo Taper Vase $54.99
9. Crisscross Buckle Belt $58
10. Arrow Stitch Pillow $49
11. Kaylin Satchel $79.92
12. Madden Girl Womens Ginghamm Boot $58.49
13. Enamel Dumbo Bangle $34