– Photographer Claire Droppert’s Sand Creatures
– Better get started now: 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die
– All editors write headlines they dare not use. Put them here instead.
When we really see each other, we want to help each other. I think people have been obsessed with the wrong question, which is, ‘How do we make people pay for music?’ What if we started asking, ‘How do we let people pay for music?’
– Trailer for “Fargo” as adapted for television by FX
– LA was just adorable this week
– Who had richer parents, journalists or people working in finance? Doctors or artists?
– Ethan explains cockblocking to his 89-year-old Grandfather
– Why am I wasting precious time being afraid of spiders?
– Related: THIS IS WHY
– Sea levels to rise more than expected due to surge in ice loss in Greenland
Herd immunity to measles should protect people who experience either kind of failure, but falling vaccination rates have allowed measles to circulate and can leave people without sufficient antibodies vulnerable.
A leap of a minor sixth or perfect fifth, beginning on a key’s fifth or sixth note and jumping up past the tonic to its fourth, before resolving down a half step to the third. It’s a cheesy, melodramatic melodic move, and it’s popped up in its fair share of pop songs recently. Often, the associated lyrics involve the words “heart,” “feel,” and “love.”
– A few of my favorite recent tweets:
The opposite of love isn't hate, it's voicemails
— Artur (@Bagyants) February 21, 2014
Jazz is all about the notes you don't play. That's why the greatest jazz is probably silence.
— dan guterman (@danguterman) March 13, 2014
I want to defend a penguin in court just so I can say, "Your Honor. My client is clearly not a flight risk."
— Trevor S (@trevso_electric) April 26, 2013
Drunk girls whisper in caps lock.
— Stephanie McMaster (@Smethanie) September 30, 2012
I talk to beautiful women and angry cops the exact same way.
— Alex Baze (@bazecraze) March 11, 2014
Maturity is a dish best served farts
— Josh Hara (@yoyoha) February 5, 2014
The most powerful man in the forest is the lumberjack who decides which trees become guitars and which trees become toilet paper.
— Mark Hoppus (@markhoppus) January 30, 2014
Every time I have to read this same My Little Pony book to my daughter, I love her a little bit less.
— Bryan Donaldson (@TheNardvark) March 20, 2014
*slowly draws pentagram on the floor around you while you tell me about your "staycation"*
— Jason Miller (@longwall26) February 27, 2014
Every time the wife pisses me off, I hollow out her tampons and pack them with strawberry Pop Rocks.
— Jiminy Kicks It (@JiminyKicksIt) March 21, 2014