Chris Piascik, independent illustrator and designer, going public with depression and more.
Highlights: Gorgeous portfolio, goats on things, bikinis meet their match: Matches between bathing suits and books.
- The Epic and The Beasts: When we were kids we never dreamt of being a firemen, a pilot or superhero. We always wanted to be skateboarders, jumping up curbs, down the stairs and filp our boards as many times as we could. – Man in goat suit seen living among goats in Utah mountains. [...]
- This is what I always thought the future would look like. – Behind the scenes photos from the make-up artistry of Prometheus – 10 great TV spots directed by David Fincher – Oh, you have a herding dog, too? – Or just a plain old dog? – If at first you don’t succeed, try [...]
- A collection images of things that are real, but not quite real — mockups, practice drills, lifelike works of art, simulators, puppets, models, prototypes, automatons, and more. – OBEY, A Montage of Christian Kids Singing by Everything is Terrible. You guys, God is so fun. – Running for Wounded Warriors: On March 26, 2012, [...]
- A Ring of Fire: The 2012 Annular Eclipse – Robin Gibb, a tribute in words and music – What would happen if all of the water on or near the surface of the Earth were bunched up into a ball? – 10 Rockabilly Batman Sketches: Batman Reimagined In The ’50s – Where children sleep. [...]
- Designtripper: Aside from showcasing indie/boutique/family-owned/design/artist-designed hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs, lodges, ryokans, riads, hostels, treehouses and, yes, even tricked-out tents and campervans, designtripper also focuses on the speedily growing network of for-rent vacation homes, apartment, villas, and haciendas. – Bonkers Russian gymnastics video – 48 Things That Will Make You Feel Old – Fifty Shades of [...]
- First Position: a new award-winning dance documentary featuring some of the most talented young dancers in the world as they compete for ballet scholarships. – Houstoric project: current photos mixed with vintage photos of Houston. – Republicans, Get In My Vagina – Art of the Menu Menus are a light version of data visualization [...]
- Hand-painted walls. Yeah. Whoa: I was immediately inspired by the idea of meticulously painting an entire room in my own freehand style. I decided to create something that looked at first glance to be wallpaper, but on closer inspection became apparent to be a non-repeating painted design. – Bon Iver Erotic Stories: Bon Iver is [...]
- Photography by Doug Springer. I got to hang out with Doug in Calgary back in 2006. His photos continually stun me. – The Noun Project: …collects, organizes and adds to the highly recognizable symbols that form the world’s visual language, so we may share them in a fun and meaningful way. The symbols on [...]