Moments before Chuck’s First Snowstorm

• moose

2002/12/19 at 9:08 am

Dooce, who’s the band? They’re good and original. Do they tour the region? To the Propagandist: No she’s not.

• dooce

2002/12/19 at 9:14 am

moose: the band is Low, and they’re from Minnesota. They tour nationwide when they tour, if I’m not mistaken. I’ve seen them in LA and SLC. they put on a somehwat reverent, if not totally haunted show. you should see them if they swing by your place.

• Poop on the lame

2002/12/19 at 9:17 am

Just testing the waters.
    I have learned the rules and will now post DOOCE friendly “thoughts”.

Kiss Kiss
    poop

• dooce

2002/12/19 at 9:17 am

kate: that was me in the Post today.

• Jenny

2002/12/19 at 9:19 am

You really are an amazing photographer. You took something that I usually think is ugly (yellow grass and gray skies…) and made it look incredible. Maybe I don’t appreciate Utah’s ‘non redrock’ landscape cause I’ve lived here for 24 years. Cause I don’t think it’s pretty. Yellow grass? I’ll take the Pine Trees of the Pac.NW or the Palm Trees of So.Cal over yellow grass anyday!

At any rate, I loved your pics. Changed my mind about the whole non-beauty of Utah thing. My favorite thing about them is you can totally feel that ‘anticipation’ of a storm. You know the feeling– the gusty winds, dark sunlight, far off black clouds, and silence. It really is a Utah norm, for sure.

• Sara

2002/12/19 at 10:11 am

It looks like you had an interview with the Washington Post recently. Am I right?

• Sara

2002/12/19 at 10:12 am

oops. the answer showed up after I posted that one! Why didn’t you want your name used… since we all know it was you?

• Eric

2002/12/19 at 10:16 am

Is it okay if I’m constantly calling your dog “Chuckles” in my head? I mean, I know it’s Chuck and all, but Chuckles is just so damn catchy. You know what you need a custom sculpture of Chuckles. Fun for the whole fam! Love your posts, btw. Great everyday.

• dooce

2002/12/19 at 10:51 am

sara: i didn’t want my name used because if they used my name they would have had to use the name of the company that fired me, and i’ve never made public the company’s name or anyone who worked for the company. i’ve tried not to publicly slander the company, if only to cover my ass legally, but i don’t think they would extend me the same mercy if they found out that i had given their name to a newspaper, let alone The Washington Post.

• Sarah B.

2002/12/19 at 11:34 am

Low is perfect cold grey day music.

• Sara

2002/12/19 at 11:37 am

Totally understandable. When I first read the article, before I even got to the parts that quoted you, I thought of your story and how WP seemed pretty late in the game on this “blogging has responsibilities thing.” And I am totally glad that they contacted you about it! It made me feel like I knew something waaaay before THE NEWS did! Is that weird to congratulate you getting quoted because you got fired? If it isn’t, congratulations!

• lady quicksilver

2002/12/19 at 11:45 am

i’m a lesbian, i have good taste and i’ve always thought beards+men=sexy.

• lady quicksilver

2002/12/19 at 11:47 am

make that *motherfucking* sexy.