– Paolo Ballesteros’ Instagram account where the Filipino TV actor and make-up artist posts photos where he has transformed himself into celebrities
– 100 Famous Artists And Their Studios
– Love this “art and stuff” by Teo Zirinis
– Thankfully this did not happen while I was in Tanzania.
– Greased Lightning without the music
– INFOGRAPHICS: You’re never too old to start a new venture
– WellDeserved: A Marketplace For Privilege
– An Open Letter to 47 Republican Senators of the United States of America from Iran’s Hard-Liners:
We also very much admire the principal author of your letter, Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas. Sen. Cotton, like many of our young militiamen, served in combat in Iraq and believes that he is an instrument of God. Some may consider him too young to assert dominion over your country’s foreign policy, at 37 years of age and with only two years of political experience. But we in Iran appreciate his vigor. He reminds us of the young men who seized your embassy here in 1979, two years after he was born. Those brave young revolutionaries did not wait for guidance from their elders.
– How to Parent Like a German:
Most grade school kids walk without their parents to school and around their neighborhoods. Some even take the subway alone. German parents are concerned about safety, of course, but they usually focus on traffic, not abductions.
– Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ Trailer
– I hate myself for linking to this: Nirvana – Lithium (Smooth Jazz Version)
– 6 inventors who regret their very successful creations
– And Now For The Inevitable White People Defense Of SAE:
But that’s not really an objective reading of the situation, at least if we dispense with the notion that the white perspective is the only objective one. Objectively, a bus of drunk white people were singing about hanging people. Buses of drunk white people singing about hanging folks is a true threat, because sometimes buses of drunk white people then actually go out and hang people. IT’S HAPPENED BEFORE.
– It’s not a ‘horrible mistake’ to sing a racist song – it’s horrible that you’re a racist:
Victims of sexual assault need time to “heal.” Soldiers who served multiple tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan and suffer from PTSD need time to “heal” — if that is even possible. Families of unarmed African-American teenagers who are gunned down in the street by trigger-happy cops who know there will be no repercussions in a country where black lives don’t matter – they need time to “heal” although that pain will never ever go away.
But the families of privileged young men who think it perfectly fine to lead drunken sing-alongs to songs about lynching “niggers” on a party bus?
Teddy Roosevelt: Resembling a fat walrus in little spectacles, he was, nevertheless, president at one point or another.
– Cartoonist Chuck Jones’ rules for Wild E. Coyote and the Roadrunner
– Drunk Squirrel had too many crabapples
Some of my recent favorite tweets:
"Namaste" is an ancient word meaning "rich white housewife".
— Damien Fahey (@DamienFahey) January 12, 2015
TRYING to watch Magic Mike with my mom but before we go any further can someone tell me: are they gonna have a foursome with a newborn pig
— Patricia Lockwood (@TriciaLockwood) March 6, 2015
"Let's ruin marriage." – the Annual Gay Meeting, 1975
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) March 12, 2015
Let's all agree to stop saying "I read about it somewhere" and admit that we saw it on Law and Order.
— Alex Baze (@bazecraze) March 13, 2015
Not trying to put out a creepy vibe with my van, the airbrush work is just a tribute to my pet wolf who died in outer space.
— Ceej (@ceejoyner) February 11, 2015
Christmas was ruined for me when my dad dressed up like Santa, got stuck in the chimney and his body blocked the real Santa from getting in
— Jacy Catlin (@ieatanddrink) December 22, 2014
"yeah of course I can paint your ceiling." Michelangelo scoffed to himself, "gonna paint a bunch of dudes with they dick outs on it tho"
— Dave Ditell sucks!! (@davedittell) June 13, 2013
Uppity British Aristocrat: oh, pardon me, sir. you're dog seems to be jumping on me. Me: if you hold his paws it looks like you're dancing.
— shut up, mike (@shutupmikeginn) March 7, 2015
People who finish their entire stick of lip balm without losing it first should be the only ones allowed to have kids.
— Abbi Crutchfield (@curlycomedy) February 20, 2015
"I like pizza but I also like fanny packs. If only I could combine them" – inventor of the calzone
— pat tobin (@tastefactory) March 1, 2015
JK Simmons has done a lot better than his brother LOL Simmons
— Musky Lozenge (@LostCatDog) February 24, 2015