Stuff I found while looking around
– I am inordinately excited about the World Cup.
– ‘Bounce’, A Short Film About a Globetrotting Magical Soccer Ball Shot in Canada, France, Greece, the U.S., & Morocco
– Man On Twitter Deftly Trolls Gun Nuts
Music is social. Music is current and everchanging. And most of all, music requires musicians. The winners in the music business of tomorrow are individuals and organizations that create communities, connect people, spread ideas and act as the hub of the wheel… indispensable and well-compensated.
– “Game of Thrones” theme as covered by a live jazz band
– The Mountain from “Game of Thrones” deadlifts 994 pounds
– Related: this is exactly how I explain “Game of Thrones” to friends who do not watch it
– For those who have FINISHED every season of “Breaking Bad” (SPOILER ALERT): Happy Father’s Day, Walter White!
– A non-racist’s guide to taunting at the World Cup
– 19 People Who Should Never Play With Fire
– Two Activists in Mormon Church Threatened With Excommunication
– What is Matt Walsh wrong about today?
– A Simple Exercise to Increase Well-Being and Lower Depression from Martin Seligman, Founding Father of Positive Psychology:
We think too much about what goes wrong and not enough about what goes right in our lives. Of course, sometimes it makes sense to analyze bad events so that we can learn from them and avoid them in the future. However, people tend to spend more time thinking about what is bad in life than is helpful. Worse, this focus on negative events sets us up for anxiety and depression. One way to keep this from happening is to get better at thinking about and savoring what went well.
– How to Tell the Difference Between an Open-Carry Patriot and a Deranged Killer
– On Marriage :: A Year Later:
And you might also know that often when you are in that kind of state, all you want is for someone to tell you, maybe every 10 minutes if necessary, that everything is going to be okay. You don’t want them to necessarily fix it or tell you what you should be doing differently or tell you what might make you feel better. You just want comfort. That’s all.
– Mad clarinet skills, I tell you.
A few of my favorite recent tweets:
Message to my haters: I can STILL FIT in the Starfleet uniform I got married in.
— Ken Jennings (@KenJennings) May 24, 2014
I hate to think there are meteorologists out there who've never stood in front of the green screen and pretended to jerk off Florida.
— Jenny Johnson (@JennyJohnsonHi5) June 13, 2014
22 year old me after a night of drinking: "I hope I didn't do anything stupid." 29 year old me: "I hope I didn't agree to go on a hike."
— Ian Karmel (@IanKarmel) April 26, 2014
Don't tell me how to feel, heat index
— Brian Gaar (@briangaar) June 6, 2014
I consider meditation as anytime I'm breathing and not freaking out.
— Brian (@BDGarp) June 13, 2014
Friday the 13th movies are scary because they remind me that some people actually go camping on purpose
— Eliza Bayne (@ElizaBayne) June 13, 2014
The worst personality trait is a DJ being your favorite musician.
— Alex J. Mann (@alexjmann) May 23, 2014
"What WOULDN'T Jesus Do!" – fun Jesus
— Maggie Mull (@IAmMaggieMull) June 10, 2014
*Friend is sinking in quicksand* Get help before I drown! *I start to run, stop, jog back to friend* Technically you're not drow- NATE!
— The Natewolf (@thenatewolf) April 16, 2014