Stuff I found while looking around
– Just because I could: search for “Australian Shepherd” on flickr
– Oh my god this cat I LOVE IT
– An illustrated guide to the biggest dragons in fantasy
– In dogs’ play, researchers see honesty and deceit, perhaps something like morality
– Very interesting: trailer for the TV show “Gotham”
– Elephants are badass: “With the river deep, mountain high banks are never easy for adults, let alone a six month old calf, so being washed away in the current was a very real possibility. Thankfully mum and her emergency swat team enacted a remarkable rescue.”
– Children’s endearing letters to Judy Blume about masturbation, and the beloved author’s response
– On the Future of MetaFilter (one of my favorite sites on the Internet):
We’ve cut back as much as we can over the last 18 months, we’ve changed web hosts, going from hardware in racks to cloud hosting (cutting our bills by 80%). We’ve all taken pay cuts.
But at this point with recent shifts in search traffic and ad revenue MetaFilter is now losing several thousand dollars per month and if nothing were to change, MetaFilter would be sunk by the middle of summer when our already depleted savings run completely dry.
– Anatomy of a common kitchen knife
– Frozen, the censored version
– The ’90s Alt-Rock Vocal Hook Supercut
– Before they were on Game Of Thrones
– Bat for Lashes collaborates with Beck: “Under the Indigo Moon”
– A Love Letter To Salt Lake City, by Ty Burrell
– An Expert’s Guide to Celebrity Faces:
“If you have a very symmetric, very easy to process face, then you have one problem: You won’t be remembered so well,” he says. This is because we recall faces by their differences, by what makes them distinct from one another. The asymmetries make her face unique, help her stand out, and add to her appeal. “The little imperfections of her face can be [read] as a sign of authenticity,” he adds.
– A few of my favorite recent tweets:
You can really learn a lot about a person in that moment they must say a word or a name that someone else just obviously mispronounced.
— Liana Maeby (@lianamaeby) February 21, 2012
'Here, put this on' 'NO I DONT WANNA WEAR IT' 'Put it on please' 'NO' 'It twirls when you spin' 'I LOVE IT' - getting your daughter dressed
— buck turgeson (@Rason_Meese) May 3, 2014
COP: You're under arrest for owning a non-domesticated animal. ME:(looks at otter)You mean Dave? COP:…and for this weed ME: That's Dave's
— Don Nichols (@TheDairylandDon) December 10, 2012
If I'm flirting with you there's a 10% chance I'm interested in sex and 90% chance you have a cute dog I want to play with
— Artur (@Bagyants) May 9, 2014
[white house staff meeting] Obama: Any questions? *Biden raises hand* Obama: Spongebob is yellow Joe. *Biden returns to coloring book*
— noog (@noog) October 3, 2013
Stubbing your toe on a table isn't that bad as long as you massage it, and destroy everything you've ever loved with fire.
— Brian Soto (@TrainedHedonist) May 9, 2014
Hey birds, nice house for your babies, real sturdy.
— The Natewolf (@thenatewolf) January 19, 2014
When your teacher hasn't shown up to class and the room starts to get crazy and it feels like nobody's in charge. That's Mexico every day.
— Trevor S (@trevso_electric) May 23, 2014
Angry EMT complaining about how he resuscitated Cookie Monster for the 4th time this week. "Blueberry motherfucker doesn't chew," he says
— sweaty five dollars (@iscoff) May 22, 2014
FUN SOUND EFFECTS: xylophone sound when bears attack bongo during menstruation high-pitch scream when meat go bad gong for tooth extraction
— Ted Travelstead (@trumpetcake) May 17, 2014