– BBC Wildlife Camera-trap Photo of the Year 2012 – the winners
– Girl getting annoyed because she can’t sing the right notes. (NSFW and I ant to hug her so hard)
– The Microagressions Project:
This project is a response to “it’s not a big deal” – “it” is a big deal. ”It” is in the everyday. ”It” is shoved in your face when you are least expecting it. ”It” happens when you expect it the most. ”It” is a reminder of your difference. ”It” enforces difference. ”It” can be painful. ”It” can be laughed off. ”It” can slide unnoticed by either the speaker, listener or both. ”It” can silence people. ”It” reminds us of the ways in which we and people like us continue to be excluded and oppressed. ”It” matters because these relate to a bigger “it”: a society where social difference has systematic consequences for the “others.”
– “Well, there wasn’t much entry splash, at least.
– What Could Disappear, an interactive map of Land that could potentially be submerged by rising oceans
– An interview with Dan Schneider, creator of some of Nickelodeon’s most memorable shows. You guys, Leta and I bawled during the final episode of “iCarly.”
– Damon Krukowski of Galaxie 500 and Damon & Naomi breaks down the meager royalties currently being paid out to bands by streaming services:
Galaxie 500’s ‘Tugboat’ was played 7,800 times on Pandora in the first quarter of 2012, for which its three songwriters were paid a collective total of 21 cents, or seven cents each.
– 1975: Arthur Robins’ illustrations from “What’s Happening to Me?” A Guide to Puberty
– SPOT ON: Utah Names
– I love this quote from Debbie Millman:
I once read that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I fundamentally disagree with this idea. I think that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of hope.
– Chinese Architecture, Old and New
A few of my favorite recent tweets:
What I look for in a new car is a good sturdy low fuel light, because I use the shit outta that.
— Relic Oboogie (@RelicOboogie) November 26, 2012
“Anything Goes” is that musical about the lady who’s cool with butt stuff, right?
— Mike Leffingwell (@mikeleffingwell) November 26, 2012
Liam Neeson trained Batman, Obi Wan, and Darth Vader. He is both Aslan and Zeus…and he punches wolves. Why would you kidnap his family?
— Condescending Wonka (@OhMrWonka) November 25, 2012
The bible doesn’t have enough car chases.
— The Shark Knight (@Mothpete) November 25, 2012
Hot dogs are probably my favorite animal
— sammy rhodes (@prodigalsam) November 24, 2012
I drove past MIT today and witnessed at least eight separate people confused on how to cross a street.
— Karen (Tozzi) (@karentozzi) November 23, 2012
Oh god, you have to make small talk with your family? How will you ever survive four days filled with turkey, gravy, pie, and alcohol?
— Jason Sweeney (@sween) November 22, 2012
Son’s birthday party is insane, hard to believe that just a few years ago they were all orgasms.
— kelly oxford (@kellyoxford) November 17, 2012
Just told my two kids that I love them both equally and the one with his shoes on the wrong feet totally bought it.
— Minivan (@my_minivan_life) November 15, 2012
Dad is talking to someone on the phone and he’s like ‘I’m very disappointed in you’ and I’m like who is he talking to I’m sitting right here
— Year of The Hawk (@Kingsroc) November 19, 2012